At BUILDUP we look for ‘noncenventional’ entrepreneurs who are pursuing mass market opportunities within technology. Forbes has a great list of qualities that we believe ‘noncenventional’ entrepreneurs have to be successful.
The 10 Qualities Of Highly Successful Entrepreneurs via Forbes
1. Business Focus: They base decisions on the potential to turn a profit.
2. Confidence: They know themselves well and can read others.
3. Creative Thinker: They know how to turn an existing product or idea into something even better.
4. Delegator: They don’t try to do it all.
5. Determination: They battle their way through difficult obstacles.
6. Independent: They will do whatever it takes to succeed in the business.
7. Knowledge-Seeker: They constantly hunt down information that will help them keep the business growing.
8. Promoter: They do the best job as spokesperson for the business.
9. Relationship-Builder: They have high social intelligence and an ability to build relationships that aid their firm’s growth.
10. Risk-Taker: They have good instincts when it comes to managing high-risk situations.
In another study of 111 entrepreneurs in Nebraska, Gallup deduced what helped the successful ones outdistance the others by 22 percentage points in year-over-year profit growth. In this case, Gallup found that the stars were more likely to do things like (1) clearly explain the competitive advantage of their offerings to their clients, (2) keep customers in mind when making decisions about pricing and product or service development, (3) spend more time planning for growth and linking employees’ responsibilities with company goals, and (4) to fit employees into roles that suit their strengths and the company’s plans.